Impact Factory is a leading, training and development consultancy based in London with clients around the world. We help organisations to adapt to the ever-changing world by improving the way their people work and communicate together and professionals realise their full potential. We achieve this by working with our clients as an active partner, not a passive supplier, listening to what they say and tailoring our approach to suit their specific needs. In business, as in life, one size rarely fits all.
Impact Factory was formed in 1991 by Robin Chandler and Jo Ellen Grzyb. We create and deliver tailor-made development programmes for companies (primarily blue chip multinationals) and provide a range of open courses. We also offer one-to-one Executive Coaching, Presentation and Media Skills sessions.
We are pioneers in Professional Personal Development, an experiential training method which puts the individual at the heart of every training workshop we run. We have strong values about how we look after delegates and our colleagues.
Impact Factory is a demanding and unpredictable environment to work in. No one day looks like another and we expect resilience and creativity on our team. New ideas are desired and encouraged; our work is challenging and risky and the company can be a very creative place to be.
We offer bespoke training which involves the development and delivery of tailor-made programmes that are exceptional, to clients who have come to expect a first-class product and service. We offer a complete range of Open Courses for delegates from both organisations and people who book individually for professional and personal development.
In the last two years, our Open Courses (public) have become increasingly popular and now significantly contribute to our overall revenue. From a strategic point of view this means that everyone in the company is continually looking to upgrade and advance the work – on all levels.
We have high expectations of anyone who works with Impact Factory: what happens within Impact Factory has to be as professional, efficient and creative as the service that we give to our clients.
Open Course Development Manager
The successful Open Course Development Manager will be responsible for the growth of Impact Factory’s Open Course offering and for ensuring the integrity of course content and delivery.
There is scope for doubling the number of courses we offer.
The role is to ensure that Impact Factory communicates on an on-going basis with existing and potential Open Course Bookers and Delegates with the aim of developing our entire Open Course offering and increasing the number of delegates on a monthly basis by an additional 50-100%.
This requires a background in customer relations with an emphasis on ‘soft’ sales, ideally in the Development & Learning and Training sector. You need to be a passionate people-person who enjoys engaging and communicating with colleagues and clients.
We need you to have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written and to be extremely well-organised. Being a superb multi-tasker is a must.
You will also be working closely with our trainers in order to gain in-depth knowledge of our Open Course content and an understanding of how we create and develop courses. This will require you to establish trust quickly.
We expect you to be a self-starter, to hit the ground running and to work well as an integrated member of our home team. There will be times when you will be called up to ‘roll up your sleeves’ to assist on a project that may not directly relate to your specific job.
• To establish a strong, positive and durable relationship with our main customers: Learning & Development, HR and Training professionals
• To increase retention, up-sale, cross rates and revenue
• To attend all Open Courses to gain an understanding of the content, Impact Factory style of working and to get to know all the trainers
• To fully understand the content of each course
• To work with the Digital Marketing Manager and Open Course Manager on all aspects of marketing to develop the Open Course offering
• To develop new marketing channels
• To ensure website copy is up to date
• To ensure course content is consistent across all channels
• To work with trainers to ensure all hand-outs/materials are relevant for each course
• To ensure webpages are up to date
• To get to know our trainers and their development in-depth and to eventually be able to assign trainers to Open Courses
• To monitor trainers’ progress and ability to run or support the courses
• To attend Internal Training on an ad hoc basis
• To produce Open Course Delivery Contracts
• To ensure we have up-to-date testimonials on all courses
• To develop webpages on an on-going basis, researching new material, books, videos, etc. to be uploaded
• To update all courses/website whenever new material is introduced
• To contact all delegates who have attended a particular course to let them know when new material has been posted
• To work with the Open Course Manager to schedule courses for each year
• To observe courses on an on-going basis to ensure quality control both of the trainers and the course content and to ensure ‘clear blue water’ between courses
• To monitor delegate numbers and work with the OCM to ensure courses are filled or cancelled.
• To complete Delegate Information Forms for each course and to develop any identified leads after the course
• To follow-up first time bookers and delegates in a timely way
Essential Attributes and Skills:
- Is mature, cheerful, self-directing, confident and enthusiastic
- Has a high degree of integrity and credibility
- Manages own time intelligently and prioritises effectively
- Strong relationship building skills with the team and trainers, delegates and bookers
- Demonstrates a flexible style according to the situation (is highly adaptable in the moment and can adapt to people’s individual styles)
- Interacts authentically and tactfully with others (able to deal with demanding, large personalities in the most appropriate and effective manner)
- Demonstrates a commitment to own personal growth and development
- Has a sense of humour and uses it!
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills (able to speak articulately internally and to clients)
- Works independently, as well as synergistically within a team
- Good trouble-shooting and diplomacy skills (can effectively deal with difficult people and large demanding personalities)
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and can see how everything fits together in the bigger picture, but also pays strict attention to detail
- Has ability to think and plan ahead (can offer ideas and suggestions for process improvement)
- Has PA and secretarial skills – particularly diary organisation, letter writing and client liaison
For more information and applying for this position, please contact Rose Youssef.