Train The Trainer Course
People expect a lot when they go on a training course, and a run of the mill training puts people to sleep.
Training should be about enlivening, inspiring and motivating people.
It should give them simple usable skills, and the training room should be a really fun place to be.
This is a dynamic, practical course suitable for training professionals of all levels.
It's based on the training we give our own excellent trainers.
It will give you the confidence to know that whatever is thrown at you, you will be able to make it work.
Unlike off-the-peg courses, this train the trainer course is tailored, on the day, to meet the needs of each delegate.
We will include many of the exercises listed below, and any additional material that the trainers feel is relevant.
Running the room effectively and using your personal style
- Understanding group dynamics
- Identifying your personal training style and staying true to it
- Working the room
- Turning the volume up and down
- Setting the tone
- Using anecdotes and personal stories to exemplify your training work
- Knowing how to treat those in the room
- Animation - knowing when to turn it up and down
- Dealing with difficult participants and situations
Seeing what's really there
- Discover your ability to actually see what's going on in the room
- 'Removing' yourself from proceedings
- Knowing your own behaviour
- A look at patterns and beliefs
- Realising that everyone sees things differently
- Seeing and dealing with sudden changes in your training environment
- Recognising and dealing with potentially undermining situations
- An opportunity to play out or rehearse specific scenarios
- Designing a Training
- Wrap up and review
The Next Step
Here you'll identify what you'll do differently.
You will identify what will stop you putting this into practice and what support you need going forward.
We will give out Impact Factory documents to support the train the trainer course.
You'll get copies relevant handouts to remind you of the coursework.
Two weeks after the course one of your trainers will call to see how you are getting on.
You will have email and telephone access to both of your trainers.
You'll also have access to a course web page containing:
- Handouts used during the course
- New supportive material
- Impact Factory PDF documents
- Recommended reading
- Links to our favourite videos
Train the Trainer Courses