Back to Work Course
3 Sessions each running for 3 hours over a 3-week period
This course will equip those looking to enter the workplace with positive self-awareness, a rebooted winning C.V. and a confident approach to interviews. All the sessions have a holistic and practical approach.
Who is this course for?
Anyone looking for a job or career. Whether you are facing redundancy (or have already been made redundant), returning to the workplace after a period of absence or considering a change of career, our aim is to offer a guiding and caring hand in the right direction.
Alternatively, as an employer, you may already have a programme in your organisation to support those who have been made redundant and this three module course could be the perfect complement to look after your people.
Session One – Where am I at and where would I like to be?
- Acknowledge your current feelings
- Gain an understanding of your values to align them with jobs and organisations
- See yourself as an asset for the right company
Session Two – What's your work story?
- The original meaning of curriculum vitae is the course of one’s life. Create a new C.V. to reflect the best version of you
- Learn how to be adaptable and creative with covering letters
- Networking – How you can use social media, current contacts and other group members to form a supportive network and develop opportunities
Session Three – Congratulations, you’ve made it to the interview.
- Think like an interviewer, what are they really looking for. You’re chance to be in the deciding seat
- Interviews are a two-way street. You are also assessing their suitability as a potential work match
- Practise the behaviours of a confident candidate
- Discover your interviewing superpowers
This programme will be run over three weeks to give you time to process each stage and to work on assignments between sessions.
Each session is three hours long.
Using situations already identified we will look at some of your more complex issues.
Using the difficult people you've identified, we'll see what choices you could make to create different outcomes.
Each person will identify:
- What they will take away from the course
- What specifically they know they will use
- Where they will practise
We will give out two Impact Factory documents to support the course.
You'll get copies relevant handouts to remind you of the coursework.
Two weeks after the course one of your trainers will call to see how you are getting on.
You will have email and telephone access to both of your trainers.
You'll also have access to a course web page containing:
- Handouts used during the course
- New supportive material
- Impact Factory PDF documents
- Recommended reading
- Links to our favourite videos
Assertiveness Training Course