Avoid Death by Meeting by learning easy-to-achieve facilitation skills.
Cut through time wasting, distractions and hidden agendas with a whole range of techniques to make the full range of meetings more productive.
Facilitation and Better Meetings Training Objectives
- Gain Insight into Meeting and Group Dynamics
- Learn to Facilitate Effective Meetings
- Deal with Difficult or Tricky People
- How to maintain control under pressure
- Examine Game Playing and How to Deal With It
- All the Skills Needed for Running Meetings
- How to Set an Environment to Achieve Good Meetings
- Understand Good Chairing and Effective Intervention
Facilitation and Meetings Skills
You can train with us as a facilitator, or you can hire one of our highly skilled facilitators.
Everyone in business has at some point in their working lives come out of a meeting feeling it was a big waste of time (unless of course, they used it to catch up on some much needed sleep!).
People get frustrated, bored, lazy or just plain cynical when meetings don't accomplish much and there's little to inspire or motivate.
Here are common reasons why sometimes these meetings get bogged down or lose their way:
Historic ways of doing things
Accepted lines of communication (or mis-communication, as the case may be)
Being too close to the action
Facilitators, on the other hand, don't come laden with pre-conceived expectations, judgements or ancient history.
They have no vested interest, no axes to grind, no points to score.
Good facilitators see and hear not only the obvious, but are tuned in to what else might be going on that isn't quite so apparent.
A good facilitator is skilled in interpreting the difficulties, resolving conflict, cutting through time wasting and diversionary tactics.
They have the facilitation skills to enable people to reach agreements and develop new practises that will work.
Companies have to have meetings, it's as simple as that.
If you're not having meetings, then you're probably not communicating very well with your people.
If you are running meetings that bog down in sludge, then you're still not communicating very well with your people.
If you notice that your meetings have hidden agendas which get more 'air time' than unhidden ones, then something is amiss.
When groups of people meet together to communicate information, ideas, tasks, expectations, then time really is money.
If you're wasting time on meetings that don't go anywhere, with little follow-through but a lot of frustration then you are squandering your company's resources and your people's time.
Meetings can actually be something to relish, not dread.
And if your meetings veer more to the dread then the relish, then facilitation training could make a huge difference to the way you and your teams meet together in the future.
Tailored specifically to each group our Facilitation and Meetings Skills Training Programmes are designed to help delegates facilitate successful, professional meetings.
To find out more call us on:
+44 (0)20 7226 1877
(Click here to send individuals on our Open Facilitation and Better Meetings Course
Facilitation and Meetings Skills
Freephone: 0808 1234 909
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.
- Asma MansuriAsma is adept at delivering training programmes in different aspects of leadership and management.
- Dom KracmarDom is a firm believer in the Impact Factory ethos of giving people space and time to explore and discover things for themselves.
- Janet AddisonJanet employs her love of people and what makes them tick to support their development in a way that's fun, useful and truly unique
- Katherine GriceKatherine's skills and passions include Customer Service, Presentation Skills, Public Speaking, Personal Impact and Leadership