Impact Factory is a leading, training and development consultancy based in London with clients around the world. We help organisations to adapt to the ever-changing world by improving the way their people work and communicate together and professionals realise their full potential. We achieve this by working with our clients as an active partner, not a passive supplier, listening to what they say and tailoring our approach to suit their specific needs. In business, as in life, one size rarely fits all.
Impact Factory was formed in 1991 by Robin Chandler and Jo Ellen Grzyb. We create and deliver tailor-made development programmes for companies (primarily blue chip multinationals) and provide a range of open courses. We also offer one-to-one Executive Coaching, Presentation and Media Skills sessions.
We are pioneers in Professional Personal Development, an experiential training method which puts the individual at the heart of every training workshop we run. We have strong values about how we look after delegates and our colleagues.
Impact Factory is a demanding and unpredictable environment to work in. No one day looks like another and we expect resilience and creativity in our team. New ideas are desired and encouraged; our work is challenging and risky and the company can be a very creative place to be.
We offer bespoke training which involves the development and delivery of tailor-made programmes that are exceptional, to clients who have come to expect a first-class product and service. We offer a complete range of Open Courses for delegates from both organisations and people who book individually for professional and personal development.
Our tailored offering has been growing and is expected to continue to grow and therefore Administrative support is required to assist and report to the Client Relations Manager, Rose Youssef.
Impact Factory: Client Relations Administrator
The successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth organisation of our in-house tailored work, liaising with clients on a daily basis, from the point of booking through to the follow up of delivery of the training. You will also work closely with the trainers in order to deliver the above.
We need you to have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, and to be extremely well-organised. Being a superb multi-tasker is a must.
An integral part of the role will be that of proof-reader for all of our proposals, training and marketing materials and ad hoc literature. An exceptional eye for detail and excellent grammar is vital. All communication with our clients is to be of the highest standard, with the focus on providing exceptional customer care.
We expect you to be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, to hit the ground running and to work well as an integrated member of our home team. There will be times when you will be called up to ‘roll up your sleeves’ to assist on a project that may not directly relate to your specific job.
Our primary focus is on the development and delivery of exceptional tailor-made programmes to clients who have come to expect a first-class product and service.
From a strategic point of view, this means that everyone in the company is continually looking to upgrade and advance the work – on all levels. New ideas are desired and encouraged, our work is challenging and the company can be a very creative place to be.
We have high expectations of anyone who works with Impact Factory: what happens within Impact Factory has to be as professional, efficient and creative as the service that we give to our clients.
All of this work requires on-going, innovative development and well-organised logistics.
The job of Client Relations Administrator is a new position due to the growth of the organisation and the need to have a dedicated member of staff overseeing the smooth running of our programmes.
Proofreading is an integral part of this job and it is essential that the successful candidate has an exceptional eye for detail, excellent English language skills and is well versed with Microsoft word, ensuring our material fits with the house style in terms of language and formatting.
Liaising with clients, offering the highest degree of customer care in terms of logistics and queries in the lead up and following delivery of training.
Organising and the Booking of Tailored Training in coordination with trainers, sending Course Confirmation Forms (contracts) to clients and ensuring these are returned in a timely manner and before commencement of training, obtaining Purchase Order from clients, advising clients of logistic requirements and dealing with client queries in the absence of trainers.
Assisting trainers. This will include diary coordination, communicating with clients on the trainers’ behalf, assisting with logistics, amongst other things.
Updating CRM with client information. Ensuring our database is up to date with accurate details of new and existing customers and that new activity is logged.
Ensuring post course webpages are submitted and sent on time. Keeping an eye on webpage requests from the trainers and ensuring that these are submitted in a timely manner and sent on to the client promptly.
Ensuring trainers follow-up with clients. It is important that we communicate with our clients after a training has been delivered, to glean feedback and confirm that the client is happy and that delegates have found the training to be a valuable experience. This also offers the opportunity to discuss further work.
Collating references and testimonials. To request these details directly from clients or prompting trainers to request these from clients.
Keeping the client list up to date
Essential Attributes and Skills:
- Is mature, cheerful, self-directing, confident and enthusiastic
- Has a high degree of integrity and credibility
- Manages own time intelligently and prioritises effectively
- Strong relationship building skills with the team and trainers and of course with clients
- Demonstrates a flexible style according to the situation (is highly adaptable in the moment and can adapt to people’s individual styles)
- Interacts authentically and tactfully with others (able to deal with demanding, large personalities in the most appropriate and effective manner)
- Demonstrates a commitment to own personal growth and development
- Has a sense of humour and uses it!
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills (able to speak articulately internally and to clients)
- Works independently, as well as synergistically within a team
- Good trouble-shooting and diplomacy skills (can effectively deal with difficult people and large demanding personalities)
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and can see how everything fits together in the bigger picture, but also pays strict attention to detail
- Has ability to think and plan ahead (can offer ideas and suggestions for process improvement)
- Has a good memory, is a good proof-reader and speller (will be required to look at proposals and company literature)
- Is highly computer literate (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Has PA and secretarial skills – particularly diary organisation, letter writing and client liaison