Learn to Present with style, flair and presence to engage and inspire your audience
The course looks at all the factors that affect how confidently you deliver any presentation, anywhere.
It will help you look forward to your next presentation instead of wishing you were still under the duvet.
It offers simple, easy to practise tools to help you cope with nerves and get your message across memorably.
You'll learn how to structure your material for the best impact and present to audiences of varied sizes.
It is fun and effective with plenty of opportunities to practice.
- What Already Works About You
- How Presentation Works
- Developing a Unique Style
- What Happens To You?
- Practising a Range of Techniques
- Hints and Tips
- Stretching Your Capacity
- Style, Flair and Presence
- Support Materials
- Enlivening Your Presentation
- Confidence and Handling Nerves
- Feeling Wrong-Footed
What Our Delegates Say
"I wanted to write to thank you so much for your excellent tuition and help. I had to host an important conference last week and give a presentation to all our senior leadership. The whole thing went better than I could ever have hoped!"
Emma Graham - IPGIT Corporate Business Lead EMEA - Interpublic Group
“I thoroughly enjoyed the training session, and have been using the techniques a lot! We were fortunate to have you both as excellent trainers. I am recommending the course to everyone I meet. Thanks so much for your positivity and sincerity”.
Marcia Castelo Branco - Human Resources Manager - Re:Sources
"Thank you to all at the Impact Factory for your warmth and hospitality. The course was certainly one of the best I have attended. The knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject was self evident throughout the day in everything that Caitlin and Dom did!"
Richard Mills - Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager - Wilson & Scott (Highways) Ltd
We tailor all our courses to reflect the needs of the delegates on the day.
We will include many of the exercises listed below, and any additional material that the trainers feel is relevant.
Everything we do is participative and interactive.
You will be on your feet making presentations all through the day.
We will assess your unique presentation style, experience and skill.
We will work on the specific things you want to achieve.
How it All Works
This section gives an in-depth understanding of the arenas in which presenting takes place
- the physical space
- body language
- audience interaction
- fundamentals of presenting
"The use of the Individual's best skills to convey a clear Message, well Prepared, with good Audience interaction, presented with Conviction and supported by the right Technical backup"
What's my Unique Presentation Style?
This takes the form of a short unprepared presentation to camera.
There is then a discussion about the experience of presenting, what actually happens to you physically, mentally and emotionally.
How You Are Seen
Your presentation will then be played back followed by feedback from the trainers and your colleagues.
Here we'll concentrate on your strengths and unique style.
Any real difficulties in style may be noted here by the trainers to be dealt with later on.
We record much of the rest of the day's work; however, this is the only time during the day that we will review the recording.
We'll reinforce some of the principals of effective presentation.
- Making a presentation in under 30 seconds
- Putting across a clear message
- Using passion to present
- Structuring your presentation support material
This is not intended to rehearse the presentations.
Rather the material is used to stretch you and to incorporate the principles worked on earlier in the day.
The emphasis is on preparing you to develop over the next few months as you make further presentations.
The session is modified according to the level of the attendees.
If you are a new or less experienced presenter, we work to stretch your capacity and to demonstrate the active working of a presenting dynamic.
You'll be introduced to easy skills and techniques to help raise your confidence and ease the anxiety associated with presenting.
With established presenters, we work more to reinforce some basic principles and introduce more advanced skills as appropriate.
Care is taken to acknowledge your skills and style.
Then we move on to specific areas of difficulty where you get wrong footed or don't do so well.
- Raising confidence
- Clear delivery
- Ability to go "off script"
- How to make non-linear presentations
- How to prompt or plant questions
- How to talk to differing levels of understanding or experience
- Communicating concepts quickly
- Using analogies and drawing on memorable images
- Structuring your presentation entrance and beginning
- Dealing with difficult or tricky questions
- Working presentations around a table
- The relationship between presenter, material and audience
- Difficult presentation issues and people
- Working on your presentation style
- Developing as a communicator rather than a presenter
- Creating an interactive, question-friendly atmosphere
A brief mention of anything that has not arisen during the presentations and individual recommendations for further practice.
You'll be given a web link to your recordings during the day.
We will give out Impact Factory documents to support the course.
Presentation Skills Course
Book this course
Freephone: 0808 1234 909
The Presentation Skills - Impact Factory team:
- Bill SheehanAt Impact Factory Bill specializes in Presentations Skills, Personal Impact, Assertiveness and Customer Service and he’s brilliant at Forum Theatre
- Caitlin ShannonCaitlin has insight, natural warmth and bags of energy to engage with delegates and bring the work to life
- Dom KracmarDom is a firm believer in the Impact Factory ethos of giving people space and time to explore and discover things for themselves.
- Isabel PollenFor Isabel it's all about encouraging the best possible outcome for each individual both professionally and personally
- Nick Clark WindoNick is passionate about the work we do. He specialises in Communication, Assertiveness, Presentation and Teambuilding.
- Ottillie ParfittOttillie draws on her considerable skills and creative background in her work with Personal Impact, Presentation and Customer Service.
- Tom BodellTom's expertise is in Presentation Skills, Communication Skills and Storytelling. He also has a fondness for Time Management.
Attend this presentation course risk-free
We are so confident in our trainers and the quality of our Presentation Skills Course that we guarantee it will make an impact.
If you attend this training and believe you have not benefited, let us know and we can arrange a refund or a free placement on a more suitable course.
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.