This one-day Personal Impact Course is devoted to understanding how you impact on others.
It's an intensive course that includes key elements of our Communication, Presentation, Assertiveness and Influencing programmes.
It's designed to bring these elements together to give you a real experience of the Impact you make and how to choose the Impact you want.
The emphasis is on creating insight, increasing confidence and raising self-esteem.
- How 'making an impact' works
- Understand how you impact on others
- Knowing how and why things go wrong
- Improving your ability to influence others
- Understanding rules and conventions
- Speaking your mind without offending
- Finding out how others see you
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Appreciating conventions and boundaries
What Our Delegates Say:
"I feel ready to tackle things such as saying no and pushing back where necessary, so definitely a big help! I was impressed that we managed to tackle the majority of what everyone wanted to despite the wide range of areas!"
Jaye Nozarick - Operations Analyst - Elexon
"This has got to be the best course I’ve been on! I feel I am ‘ARMED’ and ready to make a step change improvement in my personal communication style."
Mark Andrews - Planning Manager - Natures Way Foods
"I just wanted to say a big thank you to you. I really enjoyed the day and appreciated the relaxed environment, room set up, style and delivery. I am now much more aware of peoples perceptions of me."
Dominic Bain - Regional Manager - Puig
Personal Impact Course Programme:
We tailor all our courses to reflect the needs of the delegates on the day. The course content may include many of the exercises listed below, and any additional material that the trainers feel is relevant.
Making an Impact
An in-depth look at what makes an impact and how people impact on one another. Followed by a breakdown of the components that go into making an impact.
Analysis of Each Person's Style and Strengths
Each person gives a short analysis of their personal style and what works for them, paying particular attention to how they think they impact on others. They will get feedback from their colleagues on what else they see working. We then look at what gets in the way of making the Impact they want?
How Feelings can Affect the Impact you Make
This exercise specifically recreates the feelings that people have when they have to do something they find particularly difficult. For instance what happens to them when they are in an uncomfortable or new situation? We then look at the ingrained behaviours associated with those feelings.
This section deals with personal space boundaries as well as internal issues that people would rather not talk about. It is particularly useful for people who have a hard (if not impossible) time saying 'No'.
It's also helpful for people who have a hard time setting priorities because of other people's demands.
Assumptions and Personal Impact
A look at the assumptions we make automatically and how they affect the way we behave.
As a tool for defusing polarised arguments.
60 Seconds of Passion
This is a chance for each participant to look at the power of expression and just how much they limit themselves in that expression.
60 Seconds of Silence
This exercise allows the participants to experience the dynamic of silence and to see how they react to it.
This is an awareness exercise to help deal with self-consciousness.
An exercise to stretch the capacity to communicate non-verbally.
A group exercise where each person gets to practise a variety of first impressions.
A group exercise looking at the words we use habitually and an exploration of how the choice of language can ensure a specific response. This is followed by an individual exercise to demonstrate the effect of the deliberate use of emotive words.
Persuasion, Motivation and Inspiration
An individual exercise where people choose a work-related subject they feel strongly about and present it using the work of the day to consolidate their message with the aim of persuading, inspiring and motivating others.
Assessment of the Personal Impact Day
Participants are asked to present what they have learnt from the Personal Impact Course and how they intend to make use of it, identifying specific situations, people and areas of their work to illustrate.
They also have access to a course web page containing
- Handouts used during the course
- New supportive material
- Impact Factory PDF documents
- Recommended reading
- Links to our favourite videos
- Photos of the day
to help further their progress.
Personal Impact Course
Book this course
Freephone: 0808 1234 909
The Personal Impact team:
- Bill SheehanAt Impact Factory Bill specializes in Presentations Skills, Personal Impact, Assertiveness and Customer Service and he’s brilliant at Forum Theatre
- Caitlin ShannonCaitlin has insight, natural warmth and bags of energy to engage with delegates and bring the work to life
- Dom KracmarDom is a firm believer in the Impact Factory ethos of giving people space and time to explore and discover things for themselves.
- Katy MillerKaty's fascination with the interplay between our external and internal lives has found expression through the Impact Factory's ethos and methods of working.
- Maria PetersMaria has a real talent for transforming complex learning concepts into exciting educational experiences.
- Sarah DawrantSarah has warmth, humour, a quick mind and unlimited passion to help people develop by stretching their comfort zones.
Attend this Personal Impact Course risk-free
We are so confident in our trainers and the quality of our Personal Impact Course that we guarantee it will make an impact.
If you attend this training and believe you have not benefited, let us know and we can arrange a refund or a free placement on a more suitable course.
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.