This course is designed to throw experienced presenters into the deep end.
Whether you are an experienced presenter who has never had any formal training, or your presentations have begun to feel stale and you feel the need to ‘shake things up’, our Advanced Presentation Skills training will help you raise the bar from good to great.
Throughout the day, you will try out a variety of techniques to see which one is the best fit for your personal style. Your progress on the day will be captured via video footage that will be edited and sent to you upon completion of the course.
Advanced Presentation Course Objectives:
- Create key messages with finesse
- Develop and refresh current skills
- Move to a higher level of presenting
- Adapt to different levels of understanding
- Present confidently to large or small groups
- Tailor content and delivery for different audiences
- Rehearse options for high stake presentations
- Use more creative approaches to presenting
- Refresh old material
- Increase confidence in the presenting arena
- Handle awkward situations
- Deal with getting wrong-footed
- Find new ways of engaging an audience
- Go off piste
- Reduce dependance on Power Point
- Look at different ways of preparing
- Present unfamiliar material with confidence
- Manage challenging questions with ease
- Defuse heated scenarios
What Our Delegates Say
"From the facility, logistics, small class size, and content to the superb trainers who were way more than trainers but true experts and mentors. All aspects were perfect. I gained tremendous insights and value as to how to improve my own presentations, delivery, presence and interactions with my audience."
Oren Seliger - IT Theater Leader - EMEAR South Cisco
“Over the years I have attended plenty of trainings and seminars. This is the first time that I can honestly say that I felt I could put the skills to use right away, and I have done to great effect!"...
Mark Anderson - Head of Marketing Company - Go-Ahead Group plc
"Presentation is 80% preparation (where Impact Factory made the difference). The course helped me prepare for my presentation in front of 250 people when undertaking the training"
Eva Orro - Sales Excellence Manager - YARA
Advanced Presentation Course Programme
We tailor all our courses to reflect the needs of the delegates on the day. The course content may include many of the exercises listed below, and any additional material that the trainers feel is relevant.
Your progress throughout the day will be captured via video footage that will be edited and sent to you upon completion of the course.
What Happens When You Present?
This exercise is the first challenge of the day and gives delegates an opportunity to experience and unpick what happens when they present.
Issues included here are:
Levels of Preparation
Here we look at various ways of preparing to get the most out of your presentation. This isn’t just about the importance of preparation but also the best way for each individual to prepare (what works for one delegate won’t necessarily work for another).
Following on from looking at different ways of preparing, we now have a ‘Materials Challenge’ and find out how you extract the most important information from your presentation.
The Central Message
Every presentation needs to have a message; otherwise, why present at all? This exercise looks at a variety of issues to do with your material:
Identifying the Most Important Thing (MIT)
Going ‘off piste’ and then getting back to your core message
Thinking on your feet
Making a ‘linear’ presentation more flexible
Adapting your material to suit your audience
Wall of Challenges
Here delegates identify the kind of challenges they face when presenting: hostile questions, distracted audience members (people on their phones and/or laptops), difficult environments, technology nightmares.
They will have an opportunity to practise mastering these challenges.
Prepared Presentations and Useful Tools
Using the material already covered, delegates will incorporate their learning into their presentations and once they have presented will receive coaching from the two trainers and feedback from their peers.
We will also introduce a number of ‘back pocket’ easy-to-remember tools throughout this section to suit different delegate’s presenting styles.
For their final presentation of the day, it will be the job of the delegates to wrap up the day with a clearly defined underlying message. They will also identify what they are going to do differently.
Each person to identify and to make a brief presentation about:
- What they know they will take from the Advanced Presentation Skills Course that they will use
- What support or development they need over the coming months
- What they need to do to ensure they practise
We would highly recommend that people do some kind of 'advanced presentation' as soon as possible to reinforce the work of the programme.
Delegates will have the opportunity to see themselves on camera and they will receive edited video footage of material from the day following the course.
They also have access to a course web page containing
- Handouts used during the course
- New supportive material
- Impact Factory PDF documents
- Recommended reading
- Links to our favourite videos
- Photos of the day
to help further their progress.
Advanced Presentation Course
Book this course
Freephone: 0808 1234 909
The Advanced Presentation Skills - Impact Factory team:
- Kate ArneilKate is involved with Performance Management, Conflict Management, Presentation and Communication Skills Training.
- Maria PetersMaria has a real talent for transforming complex learning concepts into exciting educational experiences.
- Ottillie ParfittOttillie draws on her considerable skills and creative background in her work with Personal Impact, Presentation and Customer Service.
- Sarah DawrantSarah has warmth, humour, a quick mind and unlimited passion to help people develop by stretching their comfort zones.
Attend this advanced presentation course risk-free
We are so confident in our trainers and the quality of our Advanced Presentation Skills Course that we guarantee it will make an impact.
If you attend this Advanced Presentation Training and believe you have not benefited, let us know and we can arrange a refund or a free placement on more suitable course.
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.