This one-day presentation course looks at all the factors that affect how confidently you deliver any presentation, anywhere.
It will help you look forward to your next presentation instead of wishing you were still under the duvet.
It offers simple, easy to practise tools to help you cope with nerves, get your message across memorably, structure your material for the best impact and present to audiences of varied sizes.
It is fun and effective with plenty of opportunities to practice.
Presentation Course Objectives:
- What already works about you as a presenter?
- Exploring how presentation works
- Developing a unique individual style
- Understanding what happens in front of an audience
- Practising a whole range of techniques
- Hints and tips for effective presentation
- Stretching your capacity to present
- Presenting with style, flair and presence
- Using support materials
- Enlivening your presentation
- Maintaining confidence and handling nerves
- Coping better when feeling wrong-footed
What Our Delegates Say
"I wanted to write to thank you so much for your excellent tuition and help. I had to host an important conference last week and give a presentation to all our senior leadership. The whole thing went better than I could ever have hoped!"
Emma Graham - IPGIT Corporate Business Lead EMEA - Interpublic Group
“I thoroughly enjoyed the training session, and have been using the techniques a lot! We were fortunate to have you both as excellent trainers. I am recommending the course to everyone I meet. Thanks so much for your positivity and sincerity”.
Marcia Castelo Branco - Human Resources Manager - Re:Sources
"Thank you to all at the Impact Factory for your warmth and hospitality. The course was certainly one of the best I have attended. The knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject was self evident throughout the day in everything that Caitlin and Dom did!"
Richard Mills - Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager - Wilson & Scott (Highways) Ltd
Presentation Skills Course Programme
We tailor all our courses to reflect the needs of the delegates on the day. The course content may include many of the exercises listed below, and any additional material that the trainers feel is relevant.
During the opening session we combine a look at the fundamentals of presenting, with an assessment of each person's unique presentation style, experience and skill, together with what they would now like to achieve.
Much like our tailored presentation training, the presentation course is structured to reflect the needs and abilities of those attending on that day.
The Presentation Course Challenge
We start with a good look at the dynamic in which people have to present.
This section gives an in-depth understanding of the arenas in which presenting takes place: the physical space, body language, audience interaction, etc.
It is based on the mnemonic
as an easy to remember guide to the main points of presenting.
"The use of the Individual's best skills to convey a clear Message, well Prepared, with good Audience interaction, presented with Conviction and supported by the right Technical backup"
What's my Unique Presentation Style?
This takes the form of a short unprepared presentation to camera.
There is then discussion about the experience of presenting, what actually happens to people physically, mentally and emotionally.
The presentations will then be played back followed by feedback from the trainer and their own colleagues.
Here the presentation course concentrates on the strengths and unique style of the presenter. Any real difficulties in style may be noted here by the trainer, but dealt with later in the presentation skills course. We record much of the rest of the day's work; however, this is the only time during the day that we will review the recording.
Presentation Skills Course Exercises
This set of presentation exercises may well vary on the day, but are used to reinforce some of the principals of effective presentation.
- Making a presentation in under 30 seconds
- Putting across a clear message
- Using passion to present
- Structuring your presentation support material
The second part of the presentation course is work on prepared presentations.
This is not intended to rehearse the presentations; rather the presentation material is used to stretch the participants and to incorporate the principles worked on earlier in the day.
The emphasis is on preparing the participants to develop as presenters over the next few months as they make further presentations.
The session is modified according to the level of the attendees.
With new or less experienced Presenters the presentation course works to stretch their capacity and to demonstrate the active working of a presenting dynamic. They are introduced to easy skills and techniques to help raise their confidence and ease the anxiety associated with presenting.
With established presenters the course works more to reinforce some basic principles and introduce more advanced presentation skills as appropriate. Care is taken to acknowledge their skills and style. Then we move on to specific areas of difficulty where they seem to get wrong footed and don't do so well.
Issues that are incorporated into this Session:
- Raising confidence
- Clear delivery
- Ability to go "off script"
- How to make non-linear presentations
- How to prompt or plant questions
- How to talk to differing levels of understanding or experience
- Communicating concepts quickly
- Using analogies and drawing on memorable images
- Structuring your presentation entrance and beginning
- Dealing with difficult or tricky questions
- Working presentations round a table
- The relationship between presenter, material and audience
- Difficult presentation issues and people
- Working your presentation style
- Developing as a communicator rather than a presenter
- Creating an interactive, question friendly atmosphere
Presentation Skills Course Concluding Remarks
To include brief mention of anything that has not arisen during the presentations and individual recommendations for further practise.
Participants are given a web link to their videos from the course
They also have access to a course web page containing
- Handouts used during the course
- New supportive material
- Impact Factory PDF documents
- Recommended reading
- Links to our favourite videos
- Photos of the day
to help further their progress.
Presentation Skills Course
Book this course
Freephone: 0808 1234 909
The Presentation Skills - Impact Factory team:
- Bill SheehanAt Impact Factory Bill specializes in Presentations Skills, Personal Impact, Assertiveness and Customer Service and he’s brilliant at Forum Theatre
- Caitlin ShannonCaitlin has insight, natural warmth and bags of energy to engage with delegates and bring the work to life
- Dom KracmarDom is a firm believer in the Impact Factory ethos of giving people space and time to explore and discover things for themselves.
- Isabel PollenFor Isabel it's all about encouraging the best possible outcome for each individual both professionally and personally
- Nick Clark WindoNick is passionate about the work we do. He specialises in Communication, Assertiveness, Presentation and Teambuilding.
- Ottillie ParfittOttillie draws on her considerable skills and creative background in her work with Personal Impact, Presentation and Customer Service.
- Simon WestwoodSimon brings more than 15 years of global corporate experience to his role as a trainer – but that's only the beginning!
- Tom BodellTom's expertise is in Presentation Skills, Communication Skills and Storytelling. He also has a fondness for Time Management.
Attend this presentation course risk-free
We are so confident in our trainers and the quality of our Presentation Skills Course that we guarantee it will make an impact.
If you attend this training and believe you have not benefited, let us know and we can arrange a refund or a free placement on a more suitable course.
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.