Boost your confidence and create trust between you and the people you want to influence at any level
This course is designed to help you to get other people to see things slightly differently.
It will help you to get people to do the things that you need them to do.
We focus clearly on the interpersonal and communication skills needed to get other people to want to give you their support.
It's a practical course, which will leave you feeling more confident in your ability to influence others.
- Dynamics of Influencing
- Spheres of Influence
- Influencing Without Authority
- Seeing Their POV
- Creating Trust
- Building Stakeholders
- Focus Your Energy
- Internal and External Influence
- Your Personal Strengths
What Our Delegates Say:
“I have found the training most useful. I have the deeper understanding behind others, and mine, actions. This understanding allows me to be aware and to continue building my skills going forward”.
Duncan Pettit - Unit Manager: Environmental and Legal Services - Digby Wells
"I would like to thank you for the Influencing Skills course you ran. The content and delivery was excellent and will certainly put into practice what I have learnt."
Gregory Clarke - Propulsion, Auxiliary Supply and Power Supply Engineer - Southeastern Railway
"I was able to understand that not all people work the same as I do, and to go into a conversation / meeting etc knowing my audience a little better and adapting my communication to suit them!"
Emma Bowdrey - UK E-Commerce Business Development Manager - Tech Data Limited
We tailor all our courses to reflect the needs of the delegates on the day.
We will include many of the exercises listed below, and any additional material that the trainers feel is relevant.
Introduction by Impact Factory on our style of working.
This will enable your trainers to shape the day to your specific needs.
We define influencing in small groups.
Then move into a discussion about how people are influenced.
Types of Influencing
A brief look at different influencing arenas and the different types of influencing situations people may find themselves in.
The Other POV
A key piece of work that uses a series of visuals to explore the idea that everyone sees the world differently.
Not only does everyone see it differently, they think their view is the right one, and can't understand why someone does something that in a different way to them.
See What They See
The real skill is being able to see a problem from someone else's vantage point and deal with it from that place.
The other POV gives us a great deal of information that we can use to influence effectively.
It's much quicker than trying to convince the other person that you're right and they are wrong.
To be a successful influencer you need to identify your stakeholders
- How well you already influence them
- What they need to be influenced
- Where you are putting our energies for the most benefit
This section will give you an easy-to-remember 'grid' to help you focus your efforts.
Here we explore a variety of ways to leverage and hone your influencing skills.
We also look and how to build and grow trust.
Structuring a Message
Sometimes when aiming to influence others, people can become over-wordy, give too much information and stray from the point.
This is a clear structure that will help you focus on what's really important when you speak to others.
Spheres of Influence
This is a chance to look at the sphere of people you can influence and see how you can grow this sphere.
Also what measures can you take to influence the people you need to whether you know them or not?
Listening and Responding
We'll practise active listening and responding to achieve a powerful outcome.
We examine the use of agreement, but not compromise, and how to build rapport and find common ground to build on.
Delegates will practise additional tools while looking at specific situations from their own working life.
Personal Take Out
You will have an opportunity to say:
- What you are taking away from the Influencing Course
- What specifically you know you will use
- Where you will practise
An individual Plan of Action identifying your personal take-outs, what you will practise and areas for development.
You will identify what will stop you putting this into practice and what support you need going forward.
We will give out Impact Factory documents to support the course.
Influencing Skills Course
Book this course
Freephone: 0808 1234 909
The Influencing Skills Course - Impact Factory team:
- Caitlin ShannonCaitlin has insight, natural warmth and bags of energy to engage with delegates and bring the work to life
- Dom KracmarDom is a firm believer in the Impact Factory ethos of giving people space and time to explore and discover things for themselves.
- Isabel PollenFor Isabel it's all about encouraging the best possible outcome for each individual both professionally and personally
- Katherine GriceKatherine's skills and passions include Customer Service, Presentation Skills, Public Speaking, Personal Impact and Leadership
- Naina OliverNaina specialises in Communication and Media Skills, Assertiveness and Personal Impact courses, among others.
- Sarah DawrantSarah has warmth, humour, a quick mind and unlimited passion to help people develop by stretching their comfort zones.
- Sheila Neville'I am both pleased and proud to be involved with a company delivering high-quality training to people who intend to achieve above and beyond their existing capabilities.'
- Tom BodellTom's expertise is in Presentation Skills, Communication Skills and Storytelling. He also has a fondness for Time Management.
Attend this Influence Skills Course risk-free
We are so confident in our trainers and the quality of our Influence Skills Course that we guarantee it will make an impact.
If you attend this training and believe you have not benefited, let us know and we can arrange a refund or a free placement on a more suitable course.
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.