Five Day Communications Skills Course
London - Business Centre of Europe
Impact Factory invites you to immerse yourself in the art of communicating in business.
The course is designed to help you to take a serious look at yourself in relation to who you are now and who and how you want to be in the future.
Communicate with Impact will equip you with the awareness, tools, confidence and energy to create the impact you choose when you choose to create it.
This is a challenging communications course that incorporates material from many disciplines.
It will make a substantial difference to your leadership, communication and relationship skills.
It will be particularly beneficial for those who:
- Are taking on a more senior position
- Have to influence those within and outside their company
- Are required to motivate and inspire others
- Need to represent their organisation at a much higher level
No matter what your present abilities, we will help you develop them, both professionally and personally.
Our Senior Training Consultants will give you the tools and knowledge you need to become a master of Communication.
What Recent Participants Say:
"I can honestly say that in my twenty years of working life this course was one where I have taken so much away and learned a great deal about myself and my capabilities. On other courses normally I would take away a binder full of copied presentation slides"
Christopher Styles - Projects and Development Manager - APM Terminals
"I’m still speechless. Within one working week, a level of mutual trust had developed that still moves me as I am writing this. Over the five days, I was shown the DNA of communication, it was the decoding of a blueprint with all its levers, bolts and details.
Martin Geyer - HR Governance EU - BASF
"I still marvel at the session we did on working a room. Tina Lamb gave a lesson that made a huge impact on everyone there. It was a master class on master classes Our leaders on the programme were very, very good and ultimately they delivered a huge impact on us."
Dave Key - Crisis Readiness Manager - BG Group
Course Objectives and Contents
Our central and guiding focus is to constantly reinforce your confidence by concentrating on what already works about you and developing those qualities and skills.
This five-day programme is a journey that begins by developing your self-awareness, exploring the dynamics and techniques of effective interpersonal communication and how to make the impact you want while building relationships and presenting.
- Developing awareness of how you create an impact
- Understanding how communication dynamics work
- Knowing what already works about you
- Developing skills as a leader and presenter
- Creating clear, compelling key messages
- Challenging what you currently do as a communicator
- Developing excellent listening behaviours
- Exploring influencing skills
- Dealing with difficult messages and handling crises
- Gaining practical presenting tools and techniques
- Managing nerves
- Making an Impact as a presenter
- Coaching sessions (one-to-one)
- Building confidence and more confidence
Our Communicate with Impact course offers you the benefit of:
- Our most experienced senior training consultants throughout the week
- A small group, with a maximum of eight delegates
- Three coaching sessions: one before the course, one during and one after
- An International clientele where you will meet peers from across the globe
- Training rooms based in London with access to all that this city offers
- A welcoming and warm environment with a friendly support team
- Fully interactive sessions where you will practise an extensive range of new skills
- Extra activities throughout the week
- Content tailored to each individual delegate as the week progresses
- Exceptional individual support
- An in-depth post-course resource page
On your first morning, you will be welcomed by one of Impact Factory’s founding Directors, and members of our ‘Home Team’, who will help you settle in before the course begins.
Communicate with Impact Course Programme
Day 1: The Dynamics of Communication and Gaining Self-Awareness
Day 2: Influencing Skills
Day 3: Delivering Difficult Messages and Managing Perception
Day 4: Presenting Skills
Day 5: Individual coaching sessions and bringing the whole week together
Each day will be punctuated with energisers designed to refresh and enliven your concentration and
Everything we do is participative and interactive.
There will be work in pairs, small group work, games, processes and exercises designed to
stimulate, challenge and develop people's knowledge and skills.
Day One - Communication is Key
To become an exceptional communicator you need to have an awareness of the impact you make.
We unpick the key elements of how communication works.
Then there’s a look at your communication style and what already works.
You will raise your awareness of how you make an impact.
We explore how to create clear, compelling messages.
Finally, you will be practising new skills and techniques that will make the impact you want.
Day Two -
You will use the understanding and skills from Day One to become a better influencer.
Here you will step up your leadership skills and look at overt and covert influencing.
We explore how to influence when you have no direct authority.
We also look at understanding your key stakeholders and seeing things from other people’s
points of view.
You will develop your ability to motivate and inspire others and gain buy-in.
Day Three - Conflict and Delivering Difficult Messages
Every great communicator has to be able to manage conflict effectively.
Here, we look at how to deliver tricky messages while maintaining positive relationships.
You’ll identify situations where your communication could have been better and how to address
You’ll get to practise a range of new techniques using Forum Theatre.
We look at how to move things forward using productive feedback.
Day Four - Presenting with Flair
A key factor of communication and leadership is being a dynamic and secure presenter.
You will gain an in-depth understanding of the arenas in which presenting takes place.
We explore what happens in front of an audience and how to manage your nerves.
We'll reinforce some of the principals of effective presentation, including:
- Making a presentation in under 30 seconds
- Putting across a clear message
- Using passion to present
- Structuring your presentation support material
You will develop your ability to engage with audiences and build your confidence.
Day Five - Individual Coaching and Putting It All Together
Each delegate will have an in-depth individual coaching session.
Working in small groups, you will consolidate the work of the week.
A Plan for Going Forward
As part of the wrap-up, we will re-visit each delegate’s Personal Communication Style - What do you now know works for you?
You will finalise a Plan of Action to take the work of the course back into your workplace.
You will be issued with relevant hand-outs to remind you of the Communication with Impact Coursework, including our memorable visual cue cards.
You will also have access to a personalised post course web page, giving access to the extensive material and imagery of the week.
Communicate with Impact is CPDSO Accredited and you will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the programme.
Book this course
The Communicate with Impact team:
- Janet AddisonJanet employs her love of people and what makes them tick to support their development in a way that's fun, useful and truly unique
- Kate ArneilKate is involved with Performance Management, Conflict Management, Presentation and Communication Skills Training.
- Katherine GriceKatherine's skills and passions include Customer Service, Presentation Skills, Public Speaking, Personal Impact and Leadership
- Katy MillerKaty's fascination with the interplay between our external and internal lives has found expression through the Impact Factory's ethos and methods of working.
- Nick Clark WindoNick is passionate about the work we do. He specialises in Communication, Assertiveness, Presentation and Teambuilding.
- Ottillie ParfittOttillie draws on her considerable skills and creative background in her work with Personal Impact, Presentation and Customer Service.
- Sarah DawrantSarah has warmth, humour, a quick mind and unlimited passion to help people develop by stretching their comfort zones.
- Sheila Neville'I am both pleased and proud to be involved with a company delivering high-quality training to people who intend to achieve above and beyond their existing capabilities.'
- Simon WestwoodSimon brings more than 15 years of global corporate experience to his role as a trainer – but that's only the beginning!
- Tina LambTina's life experiences have perfectly primed her to specialise in personal impact, assertiveness and networking.
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.
Impact Factory Brochures
Freephone: 0808 1234 909