Public Speaking Training Objectives
- Dealing with Nerves
- Using Personal Disclosure
- Rhetorical Questions
- Dealing with Heckling
- Keeping them Engaged
- Being Entertaining
- What's Your Style?
- What Already Works?
Public Speaking Training
For many people Public Speaking can be so daunting that they will do almost anything to avoid it. Yet once we have a taste for it and discover the real rewards that can result from giving a good speech, many of us wonder what all the fuss was about.
Given some encouragement and some good public speaking training almost anyone can develop the ability to deliver a good speech in public.
There is no magic wand. We can't transform you instantly into someone with no fear of the auditorium.
What we can do however is demystify the public speaking process for you. We can give you enough insight and understanding about the dynamic between you and your audience that you will start to feel in control of the event rather than run by it.
This is a turning point for most people. They get to the point where they feel they know what they are doing, at which point what they have previously experienced as anxiety they now start to feel as exhilaration.
Confidence is a key factor to developing as a public speaker, therefore all our public speaking programmes concentrate on what already works for a delegate. No point in trying to get a serious person to tell jokes. It's hard work and they're not likely to be very funny.
However someone with a tendency to ramble may easily turn their hand to stories and anecdotes.
Our Public Speaking Training Programmes are always tailored to the specific group or person attending. And can be delivered for individuals, small group workshops or in a seminar format.
To find out more call us on:
+44 (0)20 7226 1877
(Click here to send individuals on our Open Presentation Skills Course)
Public Speaking Training
Freephone: 0808 1234 909
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.
The Public Speaking - Impact Factory team:
- Dom KracmarDom is a firm believer in the Impact Factory ethos of giving people space and time to explore and discover things for themselves.
- Kate ArneilKate is involved with Performance Management, Conflict Management, Presentation and Communication Skills Training.
- Katy MillerHer longstanding fascination with the interplay between our external and internal lives has found expression through the Impact Factory ethos and methods of working.
- Sarah DawrantSarah has warmth, humour, a quick mind and unlimited passion to help people develop by stretching their comfort zones.