Many people manage conflict by avoiding it.
Whether it's workplace disputes, difficult people or unresolved conflicts the thing to aim is resolution, otherwise, what's the point?
Here we help people get to the heart of the problem so they can get to the heart of the solution.
Conflict Management Training Objectives
- Dealing with Uncomfortable Feelings
- Defining a Difficult Person
- Using Honesty and Agreement
- Turning Arguments into Discussions
- Defusing Blame
- Active Listening and Responding
- Understanding the Roles People Play
- Achieving a Different Outcome
- Dealing with Strong Feelings
- Delivering Bad News
- Feeding the Solution Not the Problem
- Creating Win-Win: Achieving Resolution
Tailored Conflict Management Skills
Our Conflict Management Skills Training can be tailored as an in-house programme to address workplace conflict issues within your own company.
Conflict Management and Difficult People
'Yes, but not today' is how people usually feel about conflict management. Not surprisingly we all feel that we need to prepare to manage conflict or people who we find difficult.
Most people see conflict as indicative of a problem. Disagreement feels uncomfortable and threatening.
When there's no open conflict we can carry on as though things are all right even if we know they aren't.
The main reason to engage in conflict is to reach a resolution. Without resolution, conflict merely becomes an opportunity to recycle old arguments and disagreements.
With resolution, conflict can be rewarding and exciting and can move things forward.
Conflict Management and Difficult People has a mixture of theory and practical exercises designed to help delegates constructively engage with conflict rather than avoid it.
Just about every company in the world has, on occasion, a problem with conflict among its people, or conflict that its people have to deal with externally. Indeed, there are many companies where conflict arises a lot.
Your company may need people to get on with each other better and not get bogged down in arguments and tensions that disrupt the flow of work. You may simply need some of your staff to be able to manage conflict with more panache, or even instigate conflict management if necessary.
Really Difficult People
Some areas of your company may have to deal with really difficult people both internally and externally: tricky suppliers, others who let you down and give you a briefcase full of excuses, outright nasties who make people's lives a misery.
Although not every conflict has an easy-to-achieve resolution, most do, it's just that in our experience, people are more adept at avoiding conflict than seeing what needs to be done to resolve it.
Our Conflict Management Training will give your people usable, relevant and confidence building tools to help them handle this difficult arena more effectively.
To find out more call us on:
+44 (0)20 7226 1877
(Click here to send individuals on our Open Conflict Management Course)
Conflict Management Training
Freephone: 0808 1234 909
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.
- Katherine GriceKatherine's skills and passions include Customer Service, Presentation Skills, Public Speaking, Personal Impact and Leadership
- Maria PetersMaria has a real talent for transforming complex learning concepts into exciting educational experiences.
- Sarah DawrantSarah has warmth, humour, a quick mind and unlimited passion to help people develop by stretching their comfort zones.
- Sheila Neville'I am both pleased and proud to be involved with a company delivering high quality training to people who intend to achieve above and beyond their existing capabilities.'
- Tom BodellTom's expertise is in Presentation Skills, Communication Skills and Storytelling. He also has a fondness for Time Management.