Influencing Training Objectives
- Principles of Influence
- Influencing Style
- Expanding your Spheres of Influence
- Compensation rather than Compromise
- Personal Negotiation Strategy
- Making Impactful Briefings
- Creating the Right First Impression
- Using Pressure rather than Coercion
- Seeing the Other Point of View
- Using Status to Stay In Charge
- Knowing What to Give Away
- Creating a Circle of Champions
- Understanding Group Dynamics
- Giving Positive Feedback
- Making 'Weaknesses' Work For You
Influencing to Get Your Own Way
Let's face it there are times when all of us need to influence people so that they see things slightly differently, or to get them to do something we need them to do.
There are also times when we're influencing people because we need to negotiate conditions, timings or price and here it can also be vital to be able to get what you want.
Most people's jobs require them to influence at work a lot of the time.
The best influencers require good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to get other people to want to give their support.
The best negotiators are subtle, fair and know what to give away, when to make demands and how to compensate when there are difficulties.
Our Influencing Skills Training gives people an understanding of the dynamics of influencing people, expanding their sphere of influence and negotiating and the opportunity to practise a variety of tools and techniques.
Our programmes are tailored specifically to each group and is designed to help delegates acquire the skills to become Excellent Influencers and Negotiators.
Influencing is one of the key areas of skills development we are asked to provide more than any other of our programmes.
Influencing takes all shapes and forms and is no longer confined to the most logical areas of businesses: marketing, PR, Directors and Senior Managers. Now, people throughout a company are expected to add influencing skills to their areas of expertise, not always so successfully.
There may be groups of people in your company who need to gain more understanding in how to adapt and better use their own influencing style to suit different (and possibly challenging) situations that arise in their day to day operations.
You may have people in various departments who have to influence others where they have no direct 'authority'. These 'others' are probably people busy on their own projects and may not even have a vested interest in helping, but equally could be key to getting things done. Our influencing skills work gives people the tools to expand their 'spheres of influence' to take these very issues into account.
As people's roles change and expand within organisations, so their influencing skills need to expand as well. This can often undermine their confidence, because there are now new demands on their capabilities in addition to the expertise they were hired for.
If you have people in your company who are now being asked to influence both external and internal customers in ways they never had to before, then giving them a solid grounding in 'persuasiveness' will give them the confidence and the tools that they need.
Tailored specifically to each group our Influencing Skills Training Programmes are designed to help delegates develop as successful, professional influencers.
To find out more call us on:
+44 (0)20 7226 1877
(Click here to send individuals on our Open Influencing Skills Course)
Influencing Skills Training
Freephone: 0808 1234 909
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.
- Kate ArneilKate is involved with Performance Management, Conflict Management, Presentation and Communication Skills Training.
- Katherine GriceKatherine's skills and passions include Customer Service, Presentation Skills, Public Speaking, Personal Impact and Leadership
- Nick Clark WindoNick is passionate about the work we do. He specialises in Communication, Assertiveness, Presentation and Teambuilding.
- Tina LambTina's life experiences have perfectly primed her to specialise in personal impact, assertiveness and networking.