The single most important skill you have to have in business is to be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
From making sure you're understood to delivering difficult messages to handling conflict, just about everyone could do with polishing their skills to become more effective communicators.
Communication Skills Training Objectives
- Raising Awareness
- Understanding Communication Dynamics
- Working with Body Language
- Dealing with Assumptions
- Working with Differing Points of View
- Understanding Patterns, Habits and Beliefs
- Developing Listening and Responding Skills
- Developing Individual Strengths and Qualities
- Understanding Active vs Passive Choosing
- Using Positive Reinforcement
- Conflict Management
- Being More In Charge
- Gaining Confidence
Mis-communication is normal
Something we are fond of quoting here at Impact Factory. It's obvious as soon as you think about it that all communication is subject to a certain amount of misunderstanding. What we do here is help people reduce the chances of misunderstanding to a minimum.
All Businesses talk about needing better communication skills, but often don't know exactly what that means or they don't know how to go about making it happen.
And without doubt, unless you are a company of one, at some point or another, communication will go awry through no one's fault or intention - it's just the way it happens.
You might have pockets of 'them and us': marketing vs finance, IT vs admin, HR vs operations, consultants vs full time staff. You might have cross-functional or virtual teams whose ability to communicate efficiently is vital.
If your business has groups of people who simply have to communicate more effectively then giving them communication training may be just what you need.
Communication Skills Training
The cornerstone of all business is good communication.
At Impact Factory we help people become more effective, more confident and more dynamic communicators. Effective communication makes for effective business.
Our Communication Skills Training can be tailored as an in-house management programme to address specific issues within your company, or you can attend one of our Communication Skills Open Courses.
When it comes to communicating under pressure you can’t be anyone other than yourself. That’s why we’re big on personal style.
Most people in business think they communicate pretty well, and in our experience that's generally true. However, good communication skills have to be developed, honed and added to on an on-going basis. They are at the heart of interpersonal skills and the greater people’s awareness of how it all works, the more effective their communication will be.
Here’s where people’s communication skills can go awry: when they have to deliver a difficult message, handle conflict, give ‘bad news’; when they get wrong-footed, face potential humiliation, feel misunderstood or get really surprised by someone else's behaviour.
That’s the point where Impact Factory can make a real difference in the way people develop their communication skills.
Effective Communication Skills Training
We deal with communication skills training by unpicking what happens - if you know how the dynamics work, you can be in charge of them.
Then you can choose from a whole range of tools and techniques that fit your personal style. We're big on personal style because when it comes to communicating under pressure you can't be anyone other than yourself.
Therefore, we like to develop the communication skills people already have and the things they already do well, rather than focusing on what's wrong or what needs to be fixed.
Tailored and In-House Communication Skills Training
If your business has groups of people who simply have to communicate more effectively, then giving them communication training may be just what you need.
You might have pockets of 'them and us': marketing vs finance, IT vs admin, HR vs operations, consultantsvs full time staff. You might have cross-functional or virtual teams whose ability to communicate efficiently is vital.
To find out more call us on:
+44 (0)20 7226 1877
(Click here to send individuals on our Open Communication Skills Course)
Communication Skills Training
Freephone: 0808 1234 909
Training Course Accreditation
To ensure that the courses you attend are of the highest quality, offering the best professional tuition possible,
all our Open Courses are evaluated and accredited.
This accredited course is suitable for corporate and public sector Continuing Professional Development Plans and Portfolios.
- Kate ArneilKate is involved with Performance Management, Conflict Management, Presentation and Communication Skills Training.
- Nick Clark WindoNick is passionate about the work we do. He specialises in Communication, Assertiveness, Presentation and Teambuilding.
- Sarah DawrantSarah has warmth, humour, a quick mind and unlimited passion to help people develop by stretching their comfort zones.
- Simon WestwoodSimon brings more than 15 years of global corporate experience to his role as a trainer – but that's only the beginning!
- Tina LambTina's life experiences have perfectly primed her to specialise in personal impact, assertiveness and networking.
- Tom BodellTom's expertise is in Presentation Skills, Communication Skills and Storytelling. He also has a fondness for Time Management.